The results are in!
The Wilton League of Women Voters extends thanks to all the candidates who stepped up to serve our community. We also thank our tireless Registrars and poll workers who are committed to ensuring a smooth Election Day.
Voter turnout was strong in Wilton. 67% of registered voters exercised their right to cast their ballot, either in person or by absentee ballot. Civic engagement clearly matters here.
We are pleased that the Early Voting ballot referendum passed with more than a two-to-one margin in Wilton and by 59% - 41% statewide. This referendum paves the way for the new State Assembly to pass legislation enabling early voting in Connecticut. You can find more news on this, including next steps, here.
Finally the Wilton League of Women Voters congratulates the winning candidates and looks forward to working with our newly elected legislators and other officials in communicating timely information about issues and initiatives facing our town and state.
Election Results for November 8, 2022 can be found here.
Here are some helpful links to make sure you're ready to vote:
1) Are you registered to vote? This will also tell you your polling location. You can find this information here.
2) If you aren't yet registered to vote, do so now! Registration details can be found here.
3) You have until seven days before the election to register on-line or by mail or you may register in person on election day. While registering in advance is definitely better and will reduce the risk of wait time, CT law does provide for same day registration. If all else fails, Wilton residents eligible to vote can register in person at Town Hall on Election Day and cast a regular ballot on a regular tabulator.
3) A map of Wilton's polling locations can be found here.
4) A preview of the Wilton ballot can be found here.
Page 2 of 2