The League of Women Voters of Ridgefield and the Ridgefield Library present a Meet Your Legislators meeting with Aimee Berger-Girvalo, 11th District State Representative; Keith Denning, 42nd District State Representative; Julie Kushner, 24th District State Senator; and Cici Maher, 26th District State Senator. The in-person event will take place in the Ridgefield Library from 10a-11:30a on Saturday, February 25, 2023.
Members of the CT State Legislature will discuss what is happening at the CT State Capitol and let their constituents know where they stand on important issues. They will provide insight into the current legislative session and discuss the bills before the current session that are of particular interest to the League and their constituents. Questions for the legislators must be brief, of general interest to the audience, and about state business and not personal matters. All participants are expected to conduct themselves with dignity and treat all those present with respect, empathy and fairness.
Please join on Zoom for this great presentation advertised by our friends at the League of Women Voters of Connecticut
It will be held on Zoom on February 7, 2023 at 3:30pm
Join State Archivist Lizette Pelletier, Assistant State Archivist Allen Ramsey, and Government Records Archivist Damon Munz for a live webinar exploring Connecticut's four major founding documents: the Fundamental Orders, the Charter, the 1818 Constitution, and the 1965 Constitution. Presented jointly by the Connecticut State Library and Red, White & Blue Schools. For educators and interested members of the public. Registration is required.
The CT Mirror will be hosting a 2023 Legislative Session Preview which will be available for free via Zoom. The three sessions are as follows:
- January 24, 2023 at 7pm - Mark Pazniokas and the Politics of 2023
- Decisions made in Hartford often have more impact on Connecticut than laws passed in Washington. So, what can we expect from the upcoming CT legislative session and Gov. Ned Lamont's second term? CT Mirror Capitol Bureau Chief Mark Pazniokas joins host John Dankosky to break it down.
- January 31, 2023 at 7pm - Legislative Preview Reporter Roundtable
- John Dankosky sits down with CT Mirror Economic Development Reporter Erica Phillips, Housing and Children's Issues Reporter Ginny Monk, and Justice Reporter Jaden Edison to talk about potential legislation to look out for this session.
- February 15, 2023 at 7pm - Keith Phaneuf's Big Budget Review
- CT Mirror State Budget Reporter Keith Phaneuf joins host John Dankosky to discuss the budget battles expected during this legislative session.
Page 1 of 3